Sunday, August 3, 2014

In the Groove

First, thank you all so much for the positive comments on my last post regarding body image. I think many sewists come to value their bodies more because they sew, and I'm pleased to know that I am not the only one who has struggled with these issues. 

Second, my husband and I just finished working a 2-week band camp for the local high school and I am exhausted. Eight hours per day in the south Georgia heat is not a picnic, although now I have a nice tan AND made some money. My husband and I were both in band in high school and both Drum Majors (although he went on to be in Drum Corp which is marching band on crack). It was so exhilirating working on drill, music and coaching the Drum Majors - I really had a blast. BUT I'm ready to get back to some SEWING! It's been about 3 weeks since I completed a garment, but I have some time this week free to get back into my sewing groove.

In other news hubby and I have been trying out some vegan dishes. We generally need to cut down on our meat intake and I've found some true gems. I don't wish to get into an ethical debate about diet - I've seen some horrendous judgements made on people for adding animal products back into their diet for specific reasons - suffice it to say we feel better when we eat less meat. I bought two cookbooks that are both awesome and I might review them here. 

What project are you working on? 

 

2 comments:

  1. Band Camp! Yikes! As a middle school teacher…I can only imagine. I am working on the Merchant and Mills Factory Dress pattern in a Japanese Indigo cotton. ( i even muslined the bodice first to check!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to check out the Merchant and Mills patterns - they sell notions & books, too, right? Band camp was both thrilling and exhausting! :-)

    ReplyDelete